airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Jerry I have a modern Infinity heat and cooling system in my

Customer Question

Jerry I have a modern Infinity heat and cooling system in my house. Also the Expensive thermostat HiFI. I am getting a reading that says"System fault thermal lockout" high stage. I m 89 disabled am I ion trouble
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.The fault code indicates the compressor windings are open. The most common cause for this is a bad capacitor,a burned wire or compressor overheating.Troubleshooting will require meters and gauges.Let me know if you have a capacitance tester, volt meter and refrigerant gauges.If so,
WE will use the capacitance meter to check the capacitor to make sure it is within 3% of rating marked on capacitor.
If capacitor is good, we next will look for a burned wire at compressor terminals.If all looks good, Next turn power off to units to reset board,then
we will get a volt meter and verify 230v to compressor.If compressor starts we will use refrigerant gauges to check charge to see if perhaps refrigerant is low causing overheating of compressor.
If you do not have these tools, it will be necessary to call in a technician. Please let me know.