BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I want to buy a used coil that was installed months.

Customer Question

I want to buy a used coil that was installed for 6 months. Its been setting in a garage for about 8 months without having the lines closed off. is it still good? it's a 5 ton goodman

Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello,

My name is Billy.

If I had a choice...I would pass. Not so much the moisture as that can be purged with nitrogen and vacuumed...it is what has made nest or homes that can be a concern.

a simple web or small nest can create havoc in the system. You can try to blow backwards with compressed air or nitrogen...but this is a gamble.

Having the lines left open is the worst thing that can happen for this coil.

If you are willing to take the chance....mechanically it may be sound....but is it pristine inside?

Billy