Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My thermostat is not talking to the A/C unit. I had a low battery

Customer Question

my thermostat is not talking to the A/C unit. I had a low battery indicator so I replaced the batteries but I believe I had them out too long, the screen was blank for a bit. When I replaced the batteries, reset the time/date and reprogrammed the wake, leave, home sleeps schedule, it appears everything is fine except that it never turns the ac on, not even the fan or heat are working. It is as if there is no signal getting from the thermostat to the unit itself.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.What is model on thermostat, furnace or air handler and do you have a meter for testing voltage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tim,
Ummm, I have no idea how this happened but as I was getting this information for you, I tried the switch to the furnace/AC unit and somehow it got switched 'off' basically at the same time that I was replacing the batteries in the thermostat. Such a strange timing of events that I had not even considered the unit had been turned off..Anyway, it appears we are up and running for now. thanks!
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Good deal.If you have further issues please let me know. Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again