Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Lennox CBX27UH unit was off when we got home today. Was

Customer Question

My Lennox CBX27UH unit was off when we got home today. Was working fine earlier in the day. It is about a yr old. Use a Honeywell wi-fi register on the wall to control temp. Breakers are all fine to include the one inside the unit. wi-do is on also. Any trouble shooting thoughts to turn it back in?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  jHVAC replied 1 year ago.
Is the air handler not blowing any air- or just blowing air but not cool?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both the air handler and outside until are not working at all. Likewise, the wall register is completely dark and not registering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a switch on the unit to turn it off then on again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I just get one answer to a question?
Expert:  jHVAC replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the delay. There may be a disconnect at the air handler also. It is either that the air handler isn't getting power- or something may have caused a short on the low voltage- usually there will be a small fuse inside of the air handler, in case of low voltage shorts. If you are able - open up the air handler and check the fuse. Too if the air handler is sitting in a drain pan- a float switch will cause the unit to cut off if the pan fills with water. Same if the unit requires a pump to pump out condensation from the air handler - if it fails that will also cut the air handler off to prevent water damage.