Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Good morning, I have ordered a Friedrich split system AC

Customer Question

good morning,
I have ordered a Friedrich split system AC that will be here this week and I want to make some preparations for mounting the outdoor unit. It is a Friedrich model M09CJ condensing unit and I need the centerline measurements of the mounting feet to install mounting brackets (wall mount). Do you have the specs that show that dimension?
Thank you sincerely
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone out there?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,http://friedrich.com/products/commercial/ductless-split-systems/wall-mounted/model-specificationsI do not see the M09CJ model listed in their right marging links to installation instructions... you might want to double check those last two digits. Generally these units simply sit on platform or slab outside the house on the ground, if you want to mount it on a wall, be sure that there is at least 12 inches of space between the unit and the wall for air circulation, 14 or 16" clearance would be better. If you are going to mount it on the wall, then make the platform a few inches wider than the unit, and simply sit the unit on the platform and drill the base holes to fit... let me know if I understand what you want to do correctly or not. We can go from there.