Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Honeywell programmable thermostat and the inside temp

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell programmable thermostat and the inside temp reading is stuck at 77. Have turned off the hvac breakers and back on but the temp reading still says 77.
Is there a way to reset?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Tell me if this is a situation that has just developed or is this a system that you are not familiar with. Next tell me please if the house seems to be holding a steady temperature or not, and if the unit that sits outside cycles on an off occasionally or not. I need the model number of the thermostat. You can pry the front part off of the wall mounted sub base on most thermostats , the brand and model number will be inside... pry evenly a little on each side all around the perimeter of the thermostat to remove the top portion if that is within your comfort zone and skill set. With the front removed, you will most likely find batteries inside. if you remove and replace those with new batteries that will very often solve some of these problems. We can go from there until we get the situation sorted out. .