airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I am trying to replace a carrier thermostat model

Customer Question

I am trying to replace a carrier thermostat model TSTATCCPRH01-B with the TP-PRH01-A (edge) I need help with wiring
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Are you having issues other than that outdoor sensor that you need assistance with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to confirm where the red and black wires connect on the new TP-PRH01-A (edge). Before on the old TSTATCCPRH01-B the red wire was connected to R and the black wire was connected to S1. With the new thermostat there is no R or S1.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
S1 and S2 are wires from the outdoor sensor.On new thermostat they go to OAT and SRTN.
Red will go to RH with a jumper to RC. See below:
http://i.imgur.com/ItcLyqq.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I the is also a wire that was connected to DHUM. I thought that it went to D2 but am second guessing that after seeing the wiring guide that you attached.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Dry contact is for the dehum, but not sure about D1 or D2.Let me see what I can find
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
D2 is correct
2 — Thedry contact will operateasaDH relay. Thisrelay isreverse logic. When the humidity level is above the dehumidify setpoint, the dry contact D1--D2 will be opened. When the humidity level is below the dehumidify setpoint, D1--D2 will be closed. There is a +/-- 2% hysteresis around the dehumidify setpoint to prevent rapid on/off cycling of the DH output. When configured for dehumidification, the Rc terminal must be connected to one of the dry contact terminals. This provides power to energize the dehumidify terminal on the cooling equipment when the dry contact is closed. See Wiring Diagrams for more information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to drive over to the other house to do this. I have no internet connection so may be back with you when I return. Thanks for the help!
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Take your time.Just come back to question when ready. Thanks again