BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Douglas First of the year we replaced our old oil furnace with a new Carrier Infinity

Customer Question

Hi Douglas
First of the year we replaced our old oil furnace with a new Carrier Infinity gas heater and AC. With the infinity touch wireless thermostat.
I would like the fan to run continuously, to distribute air, and especially to keep moving air from the downstairs, where distribution is very good, to the upstairs bedrooms where distribution is not very good. I set the thermostat for the fan to run high, but it really only runs when the AC is on or "dehumidifying".
How do I get the system fan to run continuously?
Thanks!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
will this be a permanent use or do you wish to control at will?
Use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like this to be a permanent setting. It is desirable for heating, but it is critical for cooling to have the fan running all the time, so that cooler air from the lower floor is constantly shifted upstairs, as distribution to the upstairs bedrooms is less than desirable, and there is no reasonable way to improve ductwork...
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Can you tell me which furnace you have? There may be a continuous fan dip switch we can use.