Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The thermometer on my thermostat reads 99* and it's nice and

Customer Question

The thermometer on my thermostat reads 99* and it's nice and cool in my house. What's wrong with it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your thermostat. This could be a bad thermostat, however, but you may want to try this before replacing: take the batteries out of the thermostat and take it off the wall loose from the back part and leave off for a period of 20 minutes or so. Then replace with new batteries. Thi may reset it.