airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I am trying to replace a run and a start copacitor old

Customer Question

I am trying to replace a run and a start copacitor for an old Williamson condenser unit. One capacitor reads 7.5uF but the other is rusted and unreadable. the motor is Marathon Electric model#swj48a8017 RPM0825 Hp33 PH1 Hz60 5MFD 370VACAP CODE A. And the compressor is a Thermally Protected V230/208 Hz60 PH1 LRA70 model number h21b263abca. Can anyone help me out please? If I could read it I would get it. Stumped.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Do you have a seperate capacitor for the fan and compressor or a dual with three terminals installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. One is 7.5uF and the other unreadable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not a dual
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
The compressor should be a 35/370 capacitor
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hope this is helpful. Just let me know if I can assist further.Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings now. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.