Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I purchaced a 10 ton 3 phase unit pre charged is there a

Customer Question

Hi i purchaced a 10 ton 3 phase unit pre charged is there a valve i need to solder on to be able to let the freon go thru the system
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! For your first question, there is no valve you need to add to the condensing unit outside. The DX11S condensing unit comes with both high and low side king valves that hold the refrigerant in the condensing unit. Once you pipe the entire system, evacuate the field installed copper lines and air handler coils, you simply open the king valves in the condensing unit. For your second question, I would need the full model number to answer that accurately. But, if the air handler is a 10 ton unit with two 5 ton refrigerant circuits like the Daikin DAR1204, you can just tee the two liquid lines together and tee the two suction lines together and sweat the bull of the tees to the single set of liquid/suction lines that were run between the air handler and condensing units. Bear in mind the condensing unit comes with a factory installed liquid line drier so you don't have to add one. However you will need to sweat the factory supplied refrigerant sight glass into the liquid line a foot or so from the unit. Also, depending on whether the air handler is considerably above or below the grade of the condensing unit, you may need to pipe an oil trap into the suction line as well. Please reply if you have further questions about this. Otherwise, if I have answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate positively before you leave. Bonuses are welcome and very much appreciated! Thank you,Brian