BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Forgive me as I don't know much about HVAC systems. I have

Customer Question

Hi. Forgive me as I don't know much about HVAC systems. I have a Honeywell TotalZone 4. We are running three thermostats. The basement thermostat is set to off as the temps are consistently moderate down there. The main level thermostat is currently reading 75 degrees and it is set to cool to 70 degrees. The upstairs thermostat is reading 79 degrees and is set to cool to 70 degrees. For both thermostats the fans are set to auto and the system is set to cool. The temps in both the main level and upper level have been consistently reading 75 and 79 respectively since we first thought there might be a problem about four hours ago. The system is pushing air but it doesn't seem to be as much as I might expect...I could be imaginging this. On the Honeywell unit in the garage. The cool light is green. The purge light is blinking and the zone 1 and zone 2 lights are green. Is there something I can check to maybe get the cooling system to work again?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Is the ac unit running as well as the blower system?
use reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes both are running. We have a service looking at it now. Initial thought is that it is a bad start capacitor on the compressor. If that doesn't work then the compressor might be the problem.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hopefully he has a hardstart kit he can try