Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

There

Customer Question

hi there
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello, tell me in detail what problem you are having with your equipment, and its brand and model number. ... and a lot about your technical skills sets so that I can respond most appropriately. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a \Honeywell thermostat when \I turn on cool on flashes for about 5 min than fan kicks in but my A/C doesn't turn on. My tech. skills is very limited
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please I paid for this and getting no responses
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, we have to come and go on this end to handle the stream of help requests that come in.
The power might be turned off to the outside unit, check that disconnect switch on the wall next to it.
Next check the house breaker panel and reset the breaker marked AC or air conditioner.
If that fails you will need a local air conditioning service technician to drop by and use instruments on the unit to tell whats wrong.
If you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city I can look for a few outfits with good ratings and get you their phone numbers.
We can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can here humming from outside unit would this not mean I have power to unit?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
In some cases yes, in other cases it can just be the compressor contactor attempting to operate on 24 volt control voltage that is present, but since there is no 230 volt power to the unit it will not run.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
You need a class 2 multi meter and some experience with it to diagnose that.