Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have a NORDYNE Gibson Grand Air AC, model: GB3BM-036K-A-10B,

Customer Question

I have a NORDYNE Gibson Grand Air AC, model: GB3BM-036K-A-10B, comcast just came and installed a thermostat on my system. however it is blowing out heat when it is supposed to be cold. having trouble finding a diagram to fix the issue.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I posted a pictures of the thermostat as well as one of the wiring to the handler.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One the air handler side white is brown. and brown is grey. I'm not sure what brown and grey are on this system.
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Brian and I'm here to help!
I can tell you that on the air handler, Factory Brown is 1st stage heat and Factory Gray is 24 volt ac common. That makes White 1st or 2nd stage heat at the thermostat and Brown 24 volts common which is C on your thermostat so you have Brown in the right spot. I can't really tell for sure where White should go at the thermostat. In fact I really cant tell for sure where Yellow, White and Blue should go at the thermostat.
I would need the make and model of the outdoor unit and how the low voltage connections are made there. If this is a heat pump system (which to me, the wiring at the air handler suggests that), I can take a pretty good educated guess as to where things should go.
If this is indeed a heat pump, I would guess it's a Rheem/Ruud outdoor unit that requires the reversing valve to be energized in heating (or a different brand that requires the same thing). With that said I would venture a guess that the Blue should go to W1/B, the Yellow should go on Y1 where it is already and the White should go on W2 where is is already. So in essence you should only have to move the Blue wire from Y2/O to W1/B. If you'd like to give that a try feel free to (it shouldn't harm anything) and let me know how it turns out.
If you'd like me (and you) to be 100% sure of where the wires should land, please provide me with the make and model number of your outdoor unit and how the low voltage wires attach to it.
Thanks, -Brian