Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Carrier WeatherMaker 9200 has two problems- the blower runs

Customer Question

My Carrier WeatherMaker 9200 has two problems- the blower runs continuously and the ac won't run. I've checked the thermostat and that doesn't seem to be the problem. Even with the thermostat disconnected the blower continues to run. I've checked fuses and circuit breakers. I've had problems with this 1994 furnace two other times in the last year- replaced control board and the hot surface igniter. When I turn on power to the furnace- the blower starts and runs continuously, a red led blinks on the control board and a steady yellow light comes on in the furnace window. Air is also being blown out the exhaust pipe. This is a Model 58MXA080-12 Series 100
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. The problem you are dealing with is the high limit or the rollout has tripped. Turn the power off to the unit locate the rollouts and push the small red button on the back of the rollout switch to reset it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the switch (didn't know they existed). It was a simple fix. Thanks for the education..... Joe
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.
your very welcome.