BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have 2003 Winne 38G with 6535a871 basement a/c unit. We

Customer Question

I have 2003 Winne 38G with 6535a871 basement a/c unit. We started our trip Thursday to FL for the 4th. Friday afternoon, I notice the unit wasn't as cool as normal, but I chocked it up to the front window shades being open while we were stopped for a while. The AC is normally very cold even on 90+ days. However, now it won't cool well at all. Cold air is coming out of vents but not enough volume to counter the outside heat. Last night, temp only got down to 75 inside. Normally, easily below that. Could it be the loss of one of the compressors. After first one starts, about min or so later, can hear what sounds like compressor trying to start then stop.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
I would check the start capacitor on the second stage...it is the easiest cheapest component that fits this description
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Changed capacitors x3 while waiting. The bigger one was charred on back side. Evidence of arcing I think. RV guy here says compressor one is the one not working and sounds like it's locked up. Either that or circuit board. Coleman not available on weekend to tell what code is flashing on board.