HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I heard a strange noise from the garage where my heat pump

Customer Question

i heard a strange noise from the garage where my heat pump is located. Didn't think much about it. later I've noticed the air from the vents are now blowing at room temp. The unit outside seems to running fine. Would make a strange from the unit inside and cause this problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
Normally if that happens something has gone wrong inside the compressor or something is wrong with the reversing valve. If it made a funny noise then is still running and not blowing cold air, I would say you likely have a bad compressor or reversing valve issue. Check and see if the fan is blowing air and if the outside unit is running. If it is this problem will require gauges and to access the sealed system to see what is going on.