Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have this same motor and wired the three contact capacitor and fan

Customer Question

we have this same motor and wired the three contact capacitor and fan still not working. Any ideas? Old fan was three wires , black, brown, orange. we used the same wires on the new motor to same terminals. used both the new and old capacitor. thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  hvacexpertjoe replied 1 year ago.
Do you have power to the outside unit?
Is this an outdoor fan or an indoor fan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is power. It's a condenser fan replacement. Old one would run for five minutes and stop so we replaced the 3 wire with this 5 wire. Now no fan working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are about to call local HVAC and pay the rate so I hope you have answers quick. Party tomorrow and we need A/C.
Ok so there is a wiring diagram on the side of the new fan. follow the wiring diagram for the other wires and it will run.
There should be a brown and brown/white wire. Brown/white goes to the "C" on the capacitor and the brown goes to the "F or Fan" on the capacitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it doesn't. We're calling someone in. NO $28 charge. You did not help.
ok sorry i couldn't help
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello.
does the black wire go straight to contactor?...or does it go to another switch firat...I am showing it has a low ambient option which would stop fan if the switch is bad.
I have the schematic in front of me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. black wire went to contractor just like old fan.Now new problem started where compressor no longer comes on either. It's over our heads. We called local HVAC and guy is on his way.Time to move on. Not your issue it was simply to large a task.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Understood and I wish you well