Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have the same problem as the sample shown. The top of the

Customer Question

I have the same problem as the sample shown. The top of the cover comes off but the bottom just does not want to move. And there is no visible screw holding it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello,
what is the make and model..or post picture
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Honeywell digital (non-programmable) thermostat. The display is on the left and is about 1 inch square and the up/down buttons are to the right of it. On the bottom left is the 'auto/on' fan select and on the bottom right is the 'cool/heat' select.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
so you have removed the top section and have just the subbase on wall?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that is my problem I cannot seem to get the cover off. The top comes off but, the bottom does not, and there is no visible screw holding the bottom.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
have you tried a knife edge at the seam?
I do not know your exact model but 99% pop apart at a seam..usually from the bottom upward
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The top half of the cover I can pull up but the bottom half feels solidly connected. I have tried using a flat screwdriver on the seam.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
sounds frustrating...just a moment while I open this to the others...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This thermostat has only two sections whereas the newer ones have three. The newer therm. which I purchased, has two seams.It separates at the inner seam. On the old one I see only a single seam. Listen Billy, if or when you get a workable answer please email it to me, I need to go (other things to do). My email is***@******.*** . Bye.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting......