airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

The copper pipe leading to the furnace is freezing up and the

Customer Question

The copper pipe leading to the furnace is freezing up and the blower fan output much reduced. I replaced the filter and shut off the AC, just leaving the fan on for about 8 hours and the problem cleared up, only to return again after a few days. What do you think the problem is?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.If filter is clean and coil is clean, the system is low on freon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to call a tech out to diagnose the problem. It appears to have been debris in the coils within the outside unit. So far the problem is resolved but the weather has cooled off over the past few days.
Thank you for the advice.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
THanks for the update and allowing my input.Let me know if you have ANY MORE PROBLEMS.