airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

The indoor fan on my air conditioner won't come on I can hear

Customer Question

The indoor fan on my air conditioner won't come on
I can hear my air conditioner fire up...and the outside fan is going...but nothing is coming out inside!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.OK this can be a bad fan motor, a bad capacitor or bad relay/control board.
Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage? If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks, if you have or would like to obtain a meter to troubleshoot , I will be happy to guide you.Without a meter , there are a limited number of things we can check if you are able to do a visual inspection and can do some hands on troubleshooting.Please let me know and we can go from here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a multi meter. I am available to troubleshoot...
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage? If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks, if you have or would like to obtain a meter to troubleshoot , I will be happy to guide you.Without a meter. Since we can't see electricity about the only thing we can check visually is the capacitor to see it it looks swollen or puffy.
http://i.imgur.com/xgMwQxN.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HUH? LOL!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The outside fan seemed to work fine...it turned on immediately with no problem... it's just that nothing was blowing cool air inside.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Your problem is going to be in the indoor unit.
1. A bad capacitor
2. A bad fan motor
3. Bad control board or rely (not sending power to motor)
If capacitor looks ok (Click on the link I sent). we will need a multi meter to check for voltage since we can't see power