airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I need to know the cfm light blink constantly in a trane air

Customer Question

I need to know the cfm light blink constantly in a trane air handler unit. Model No. MOD2TWR2060A1000AB. SERIAL NO.
R41841532F
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.What is the issue you are having?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the evapfanmotor the cfm light was blinking on the inside circuit board before the change out and after. Now no 24 volts coming onto themostat.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
OK the cfm light should blink 1 time for every 100 cfms the blower is moving.Example 10 blinks between pausing means we are moving 1000cfms of air.
Now what was the issue you were having that made you suspect the circuit board was bad? And did you turn all power off to unit before starting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned the thermostat off first. I then unplugged the plugs from fan circuit board the motor and ohmed the motor no ohms reading changed the motor and no power from the 24volt thermostat nor will the fan run period.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
If you did not turn the breaker off to the air handler, look and see if maybe we have a small auto type fuse on control board that may be blown.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do this unit have a safety switch that'll stop the unit from running even shut down the thermostat circuit..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That switch im speaking of is the door switch..
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
It is possible there is a float switch in drain, but not the common reason for this. This is usually a blown auto type fuse or burned up transformer. Is there is small fuse on board? If so remove it and see if it is blown.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an in line small auto fuse checked it good from circiluit board to transformer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i didnt turn off power at unit after r eh placing motor. I turned on power at unit to see if fan would run it will not come on.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting? If not you will need to obtain one so we can check to see if we are getting power out of transformer or call in a tech to troubleshoot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im a tech certified no 24 volt was in neither transformer that why i need to see a schematic of this unit.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I am going to open this to other experts who may be able to assist you.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk.Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.