Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a two story home that has an Aspen Air Handler on the

Customer Question

I have a two story home that has an Aspen Air Handler on the 2nd floor and I noticed the carpet was wet just outside the main vent where the air filter goes. When I pulled the air vent out I noticed about 3-5 inches of standing water inside a metal pan that is about 2 ft x 2ft. I shut the system down and pumped all the water out, but I have no idea what the issue is or where all that water came from and I'm looking for help.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.I'm sorry to hear about your problems with this. In order to assist, I need to ask a few questions. Was the furnace filter extremely dirty? If you go down to your thermostat and put fan switch in the "on" position, does air blow thru the ductwork in your home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The filter was pretty dirty. It had dirt accumalated and piled on the inside. It was changed about 6 to 8 months ago and the AC runs every day. I can't tell if the air blows thru the ductwork at home because I'm currently at work. Should we continue this when I get home in 4 hours?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, sounds good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll be home at 5pm PST. This is the first time I've used this site, so I can come back on here and you'll be available to respond?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that's correct. Question will remain open.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Did you have more questions o this? I posted the last response and never heard back from you?