airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

When I turn on my Ac it just run 1 minute than automatic turn

Customer Question

when I turn on my Ac it just run 1 minute than automatic turn off, try again it is happen aggain
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.What is model on unit and if split system does both indoor and outdoor go off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Reply did not show up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my AC is one unit in the roof top no indoor or outdoor, I was change dual capacitor contactor and thermostat , my AC is goodman brand, model# *****

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to go on roof and do some hands on troubleshooting and do you happen to have a multi meter for some testing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i can go on roof do some thing and I have multi meter

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Excellent. Lets first narrow the issue down to being inside the unit or an external problem like thermostat or wiring.Go to unit .Disconnect the control wires going to the thermostat. Twist blue common and yellow Y together and let's see if unit will stay running or if it still shuts down after the 1 minute. We will go from here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I did like you say, the unit same before run and than shuts down

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
OK next we will use the volt meter. Reconnect the wires to thermostat.Turn thermostat to call for COOL.Put one lead on the blue wire that is coming from unit,going to thermostat and the other lead on the yellow wire and see if we have 24 volts ac.