airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Billy, I have a 10 year unit that is blowing hot air with

Customer Question

Hi Billy,
I have a 10 year unit that is blowing hot air with a tenant. Both Sears and Michael & S ons say replace the whole unit at $2,000. Is this right?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.THat is a fair price to replace the outdoor unit. However this is an R22 unit and R22 is being phased out.I would spend a bit more and replace both the condenser and coil with a unit that uses the new R410 refrigerant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok Billy, I see what you mean. We really got shafted by the builder. Since I need to replace the unit, which manufacturer and model would you suggest ?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
My preference is the Rheem/Ruud line. But the best value o market is probably the Amana by Goodman