airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I hooked up the entire system from scratch I have a RQNM AO36JK010

Customer Question

I hooked up the entire system from scratch I have a RQNM AO36JK010 Rheem Package with a Honeywell TH3210D1004 new thermostat, the blower will operate but no compressor/heat/air detent at all, the "cool On" flashed for longer than five minutes, along with the "Heat on" in that mode as well, I have wired the thermostat per the following; E is open/White aux/Y is yellow/green is green/orange is orange/ l is open/red is red/c is open/b is blue, the same color wires in the heat pump/package unit, this is a used replacement and the following is what I removed from the system when it was hooked up to its existing thermostat; Green/green wire, orange to orange wire, dark blue to blue wire, /white/blk strip to white, Brn to brown wire, they had a total of six (6) wires hooked up from the old thermostat to the unit....blower works when you move the thermostat to "blower on", but auto does nothing in the heat or cool mode, other than the flashing, what is missing?, thank you, Ron(###) ###-####
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.
Below is describing actual colors from the heat pump(You may have different color field wires)
Red will go to R (This is 24 volt power)
Green will go to G (This controls blower)
Yellow will go to Y (This controls contactors in outdoor unit)
Blue will go to B (This controls reversing valve)
White will go to AUX with a jumper to E (This controls heat strips in auxiliary and emergency modes)
Brown will go to C (24v Common)