airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Trane XL 1800 (TTZ048A100A1) and I am looking

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Trane XL 1800 (TTZ048A100A1) and I am looking for a manual to troubleshoot it. I have 240V at the contactors. The circuit board has three LED, 1 flashes (2 sec on, 2 sec off) the other two (Y1 & Y2) are solid on. If I call for cooling the contactor will pull in and no sound from the compressor on both the lo and hi side. The fan dances but does not spin.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After letting it sit overnight the compressor (lo and hi) can be heard. The fan still dances and will not spin. Do you have a manual to show the control board and sensors?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
this is likely a bad dual capacitor. Remove capacitor after marking wires and take to cooling shop..that should be the part to get you going
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Capacitors are good.
Do you have the manuals for this unit?
I need to know more about the variable speed condenser fan and controller.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Can you take a photo of the motor and the wiring diagram and post it here?