Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Why is blower motor running continously

Customer Question

why is blower motor running continously
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! I'm sorry for the slow response time today. Since you determined it's not the air handler control board there are still a few other possibilities. First try disconnecting the field installed wire connected to the R terminal or the Red wire in the low voltage harness on the control board's low voltage terminal strip where your thermostat wires connect. This will rule in/out the whether the problem is in the thermostat or thermostat cable. Also try disconnecting the whole connector that is labeled P1 and/or Heater. This will narrow it down further for us. Power the unit back up after each test and see if the blower quits and if so which test it quits on. Try those two tests and let me know what you find and we'll go from there. Thanks, -Brian