Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Carrier walk in condenser unit mod#pwh215L44d contactor not

Customer Question

carrier walk in condenser unit mod#pwh215L44d contactor not pulling in.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Can you tell me how large the walk in box is? and what temperature range it is running. 35F range or below 0F range, and about how old the system is. Contactor not pulling in is a controls issue. If you can attach a few pictures of the controls area of the unit, that will help, use the paper clip icon above to do that. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have no picture til am its a 35 range thermo is calling, low and high pres controls are ok.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I asked about the size of the box, because Carrier only makes very large systems when it comes to walk in boxes, and those use an *oil pressure failure switch*... and those have a manual reset on them. but if you reset them when the crankcase on the compressor is dry you can ruin the compressor with all of the very expensive consequences. I really do need to get an idea of the scale of this thing. http://screencast.com/t/M8onRekBM If the system is low on refrigerant it can leave all of the systems oil in the evaporator... and run the compressor crankcase dry... tell me if you see an oil sight glass on the side of the compressor and if you see any oil moving around in it when the compressor starts or not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV-Yh2fggzUI will stay up for you tonight for another half hour if you miss me, I will be back first thing in the morning.again, how big is the box. We can go from there.