Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Replacing a blower motor with 4 wires blue red black and white...plus

Customer Question

replacing a blower motor with 4 wires blue red black and white...plus brow for the capacitor. My system has a red, black and yellow how do I wire
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.
If you can send me a clear, well focused close up picture of the wiring diagram glued inside of the service panel, taken from straight on, I can mark it up with instructions on how to wire the new motor.
The new motor also comes with a wiring diagram glued to the side of it, I need a picture of that as well... lacking that it gets very complicated you will need a multi meter and few hours coaching to figure out which wire is which on the new motor.
use the 'attach files' link at the lower left of your reply box to attach the pictures.
We can go from there.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not there worn off. ,,,,the last motor is ten years old looks the same is this one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
modern
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing on the new
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
I will opt out, it is unlikely anyone else here will want to tackle that without a wiring diagram either.
You will most likely have to call in a real good local HVAC company to sort this out for you, on site with instruments etc, They will charge you $200 or so most likely.
If you want help locating a well rated company tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I can take a look.
.