Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Good morning, We have a Klimaire split type air conditioner

Customer Question

Good morning, We have a Klimaire split type air conditioner 12000 btu unit. problem Face panel Led is out so you can't tell whats going on remote says its on cool but no compressor just fan air blowing, Also Red led light is on main board and will not go out. Low DC voltage is there. I notice compressor relay does not switch on. How do I change or check front led panel and any clues on red led light on main board. thank you Louie Camacho.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello Louie.The electronics control board inside the wall unit is most likely bad, about a 95% chance of that.Those units are made in China and are not easy at all to work on. Tell me a lot about your technical skills and I can coach you most effectively. if you do not think this is something you can fix yourself, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city.. and I will see if there is a well rated shop nearby that works on the Chinese units. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Louie,It will be best to continue here on your original dime before you spend any money a phone call... these Chinese units can be a rolling nightmare to get parts for and to work on, it will be best if you can tell me how aggressively skilled you are at facing complex electronics issues and difficult to work on systems first. If you have a model number for the unit there is a fair chance that their parts site will have a parts list and that the part will be available... with the Chinese units that has been pretty spotty so far. http://www.klimaire.com/index.php/replacement-parts.html . .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil thank you for your responce, I am a Maintenance worker with Havac training plus Elictrical. My Question is on this unit you talking about the inside portion of the unit and how hard is it to take apart to get to the board you are refuring to. the outside portion is where the main board is. Also do you have a part number in case I would like to order a replacement board. Thank you Louie Camacho.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Louie. unfortunately I am unable to give you a part number unless I have the model number for the unit. There are 2 printed circuit boards in the system. one in the outside you mention and on in the wall mounted fan coil...So far it looks like that card is the one that has gone bad. Get me the model number of the outside unit, that might do it, we will have to see... I may need the model number of the inside unit as well. Getting parts for these Chinese built units can be a challenge to say the least, especially as they age, over 5 years old in many cases parts can be impossible to get.This can be a very very difficult situation for anyone. Even companies sell these types of units will only handle some brands. Kilmaire is a brand that more than a few companies avoid at all costs.If you can get me the full model numbers and which direction you are from the center of the nearest city, there is a slim chance I can find a part... or much better yet, a dealer nearby. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil thank you so mush for all this help, Model number KSWM012-H113
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome,http://www.airconditionerinstall.net/PC_Boards/cat1160290_2462192.aspx\See the bottom section of that page for Ductless mini split PCB boards... it will be best that you talk to them directly.Let me know what they say. Just so you know, this could be an all day sort of a mess if we do not get lucky... you may want to warn your boss, and let him know what I said about the issues with Chinese equipment and parts availability... and also that a majority of technicians avoid them like the plague... so that if you do manage by some miracle of good luck or competence you will be seen as a hero, not a fall guy. .