Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Why has the condensate from my evaporator coiled failed to

Customer Question

why has the condensate from my evaporator coiled failed to low thru outlet but collects slin in bottom pan.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried blowing/rinsing out the fitting and hose that drains condensate away from the coil?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have removed all external piping and it is not plugged, however the condensate pan still i not draining out coil fitting
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
But did you actually remove the fitting that the condensate hose attaches to? This is a common point to plug up. I'm not sure if you have a garden type drain hose or PVC piping to drain condensate away. Its done both ways.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I quit this is going now here. i will not pay for no help
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
I understand your frustration, however, I can't help you if you don't provide the information I need here to help. I know nothing about your system and so am dependent on you to provide information and answer questions I might have so we can work this through to a satisfactory conclusion.
Typically a coil will not drain if there is something blocking the drain hole coming out of the bottom of the pan. This could be the fitting itself, the drain line (whether it be hose or PVC) and there are a couple other remote possibilities as well. The first thing I need to know is how is your system set up to drain. If you could upload a picture, that would be worth a thousand words.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed all fittings and pipe and they were not plugged. The evaporator coil catch basin is clean as far vas i can see yet it continues to drip into the return air and fills up the safety basin rather than going into the drain i will try to get a photo jin an hour or so meantime any suggestions?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
If it is dripping down into the return area, the pan (the part that collects the condensate below the coil) could have a hole in it. This would cause condensate to not come out the drain but rather out the hole instead. This is especially true with older coils that had the metal tray. Yes, a picture would help.