airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have 7.5 ton rudd change compressor about 3 yrs. ago. clean evaporator coil and condense

Customer Question

I have 7.5 ton rudd change compressor about 3 yrs. ago. clean evaporator coil and condenser coil .and the high pressure cut on and cut off the comp. is the comp. bad again. some time it stay running for 5 min. please advise
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.What are your pressures when it is cutting off?If compressor is running 5 minutes I do not suspect the compressor to be the issue. If outdoor fan is not cutting off first, I suspect a restriction in the refrigerant circuit such as a stopped up drier or sticking metering device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some time the fan goes off first do you think I have to take all the freon out and clean the system out I do not have a dryer in the line
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
If fan goes off first, the copmpressor may be shutting down on internal overload. If compressor and fan stop at same time I am inclined to expect a restriction as mentioned.A drier really should have been installed with compressor to catch any contaminants that might have been in system from first failure. Do you have gauges so we can see what the pressures are doing?
To answer your question about the Freon, yes if there is a restriction you would need to recover Freon and purge with nitrogen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the people who install the compressor should have put a dryer in should I go ahead and purchase the system input an actress in the film please advise do you think it is the compressor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I go ahead and clean the whole system out and put it a dryer in it
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I do not think it is the compressor.I would probably replace the metering device in indoor coil ,flus system , pull vacuum a and recharge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do the metering device look like ls located in air handler
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Yes it will be either inside the air handler or just outside of the air handler.If you can provide model on air handler and coil I can tell you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
air handler model number rhgc-075-hlc serial number g4978-1-0736
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
http://i.imgur.com/NRogJqG.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not rate you at this time because I have not completed the work to see if your advice worked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an appointment with a AC guy on Thursday of next week that's the soonest I can get someone over
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
No problem just let me know what you find.THanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for the AC man to come next week then I will rate you at that time see if you gave me the right information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
next week we will recover the freon at that time I will rate you
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Look forward to hearing back