HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

There, I have a Comfort Aire Model RADS 151J window mount

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a Comfort Aire Model RADS 151J window mount air conditioner. It has been working well up until today. I just came home and turned it on and it was ok at first, but then the temperature setting started to go up on it's own and beeped as
it went up. Now it is stuck at 30 degrees C and just keeps beeping what seems to be fault codes every minute or so. My wife has also just told me that it is cutting in for a minute or so now and then cutting out. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Any ideas as
to what the fault codes are and
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
That is a compressor start fault code. Either the compressor or start device for the compressor is not working. This is a major problem though and will be difficult to repair unless you are skilled.