airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Just replaced thermostat on my system..it is now a honeywell

Customer Question

hi. just replaced thermostat on my system..it is now a honeywell RTH6350. I changed it because a/c was not cooling. set to 77, temp reads 84. the new thermostat is doing same thing as old: "cool on flashing" for 5 minutes, then makes clicking noise as if air is turning on, but nothing
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.OK once the 5 minute delay is over, the outdoor unit should come on. Can you check and tell me if both indoor and outdoor are running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope. neither inside or outside are running
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Did you turn power off to the indoor unit before replacing thermostat? If not you may have allowed wires to touch while doing the replacement and blown a small 3 amp fuse in the air handler. See links below:
http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png
http://i.imgur.com/zOpm9aP.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i turned off the power on the breaker box as well as the box that was outside. i'm not sure where i find the air handler
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I think we need to start at the air handler to check this fuse since nothing is coming on. It will be in a closet, basement or attic. You should be able to find it by locating the return air grille where air goes into unit.(usually where the filter is).