Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Replaced battery in remote control carrier model 40BNC018---3

Customer Question

Replaced battery in remote control for my carrier model 40BNC018---3 serial number 2107V13484 and remote doesn't seem to communicate. The instructions were not helpful. Is there something I can do?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.
1.I always recommend trying a different set of batteries as even though new, they could be weak.
2.Was remote working before you replaced batteries?
3.Does unit come on when you try manual without remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remote worked before batteries died. All the information shows up on the screen.
I can manually turn on unit without remote.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Did you try a reset using the button inside unit? And did you try a different set of batteries?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried new batteries.
I will look for the reset button on the wall unit. Do I need to remove anything?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I believe all you have to do is open panel. It should say OFF/ON Filter rest. Resetting should reset the unit itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck. I see only one button. I pressed it and remote doesn't operate unit. Attached are pictures.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
That is really strange. These are the only things I would suspect.Could be the receiver gone bad in unit, but I do not see how replacing batteries would have any affect on it.I am going to open to other experts to see if they have any ideas.
I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk.Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.
If no one can help. you can request a refund.