airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have an Amercan Standard Freedom 90 Comfort-R heating/cooling

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Amercan Standard Freedom 90 Comfort-R heating/cooling system and am trying to install a new Honeywell wifi thermostat. My system has no C wire, and I've watched the videos that say I can move the G wire to the C position on the new Honeywell t-stat, and then do the same on my terminal block. Problem is, my system's terminal block doesn't have a C terminal.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Can you upload a picture of the low voltage wiring in the furnace? If you do not have a C terminal we can just splice into the C(Common wire from the transformer.Also give me complete model on furnace.It will be on a label inside above burners usually right hand side.