airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

What type of digital thermostat is compatible with a CPKE36-1A

Customer Question

What type of digital thermostat is compatible with a CPKE36-1A unit with an AR36-1 handler?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I like the Honeywell brand. There are several different ones you can choose. Do you want to be able to program a schedule? Do you want it to automatically change from heat to cool as needed? Do you want touch screen and are you interested in WiFI apabilities?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only feature I would like to have is separate temp setting when away. Like a 5/2.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
OK, now Lux Pro is not one of my favorites, but is perfectly compatible with your system.I can help you choose a different thermostat but I sincerely ***** ***** believe the thermostat is going to solve your problem.
I am suspecting other issues. Do you know what your suction and head pressures are running on the system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I am going to call a tech.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
I suspect we have an issue like low refrigerant again or something. The thermostat is basically just a temperature controlled ght switch. f ac is coming on, it is doing it's job.It will not really effect how the system cools unless it is cutting unit off