Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is***** have a Vokera Linea 24 combi,

Customer Question

Hi  my name is***** have a Vokera Linea 24 combi, installed in 2010 (previous owner). It's been serviced regularly but is now giving a '01' fault code and goes to lockout during startup (this is both on HW and CH demand). Reading another post you helped someone with on a similar Vokera and fault I have tested the ignition pcb and it appears to be operating normally. I have checked the supply to the gas valve and 240v is present during startup, and the modulation coil is getting a max of 13 volts dc during start sequence. Testing this coil for resistance is only showing 79 ohms however. On the main coil there is 6.61 k and 7.49 k between pins 1 - 4 and 1 - 5. Any further advice please? Many thanks Rob

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to see if the electrode is actually sparking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This isn't easy to do unfortunately as it's concealed about 40mm up inside a hole in the burner tray. I have checked the AC voltage that feeds it at the ignition board and it reaches 130 volts. At the same time I can certainly hear it sparking inside the casing. I removed the electrode previously and the end was square and pretty clean, I gave it a light clean with some scotch cloth and put it back.

You should be able to leave it out and still see it sparks if you leave it hanging?Also if it fails then sniff the hole it sits in and see if you can smell gas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok will try that and update. Thanks for your help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi again. Have removed the electrode and rested it close to the burner tray and tried startup and there is a definite, strong spark. Absolutely no smell of gas that I could detect. Our gas cooker is t'eed off the same supply pipe and is working fine, so it's not a problem with supply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, did you see my reply from yesterday re; ignition spark? Thanks rob