BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Can you help me with this board White-Rodgers 50A50-

Customer Question

hello can you help me with this board White-Rodgers 50A50-241
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello,
do you have HI LO M1 M2 or Park terminals?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
park terminals
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Great...and you have a red wire and black wire from motor..and a white?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from top to the bottom the board reads cool, heat, park, park, line, xfmr, tp, eac, hum, 4 prong plug, circ, line, xfmr, eac, hum. yes red black and white. I have red to cool and black to heat, not sure where white goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a white wire coming out of circ that is not hooked to anything
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
ok:
Black blower wire to COOL
Red blower wire to HEAT
Unused blower wires go to park..
White blower goes to CIR N..or a NEU
What all wire do you need to place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is orange and yellow from motor which I think you are saying to put to the two park ones abd then what I think is the humidifier line there is a white and black wire coming out of the metal box attached to furnace
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
the black from power box gos to LINE
The white from power box should go to a LINE N
Humidifier HUM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and for some reason there is a blue wire taped to the black wire coming out of humidifier metal box on side that says heat. they both just say line
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
possibly becase wire is too short though
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
likely for an add on transformer for humidifier...unfortunately that will be an after market device and I cannot confirm attaching
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are white wires already attached to both line connections, lower white wire going up to 4 prong plug coming down from furnace area, and other brown wire coming from the swith that turns furnace on when cover is on
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
the brown that comes from door switch is on LINE...the other black from power box is add on. Black wire to transformer is on xfrmr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all those slots are being used already without transformer wires being hooked up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looks like wire going to transformer metal box has almost like speaker wire attached to that and go the the humidifier temp control
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do those black and white wires go to the two hum terminal, there is nothing hooked to those
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
I apologize but for add on humidifiers, electric air cleaners I will have to rely on you. Once a unit is installed the field wiring for accessories can vary greatly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok but do u know if something should be hooked to the hum and what it might be? ac works
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
depends if your humidifier is 120v or 24v...if 24v the hum wires will run to a transformer that feeds the humidifier. If 120v it runs direct from HUM to the humidistat