Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

TH5210D1004-0848 - LED temp not working. Reading

Customer Question

TH5210D1004-0848 - LED for inside temp not working. Reading 18F not 77F. Set Temp "OK". Pulled off wall replaced batteries. What else? (Quick to Lowes for replacement)
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello, there are hundreds of variations in thermostats... not all work with all brands of furnaces and air conditioners... some claim to do so. and give you a very simple 97 page installation instructions booklet with dip switches to set positions depending on what you have, and then only 20 pages of instructions on how to program it. Your choice of thermostat will determine if you end up pulling your hair or not. It is unlikely that Lowes will have an exact replacement. If you can send me a clear, well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the blower cover door on your furnace or air handler, and a photo of the printed circuit card that shows where the thermostat wires connect I can help you find the most appropriate thermostat.Use the paper clip icon above to attach those.I also need the brand and model number of the furnace, its on a sticker that also lists the serial number inside the furnace burner compartment as a rule. I also need to know if the outside unit runs in the winter for heating as well as in the summer for cooling or not. .