BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I Have installed a insteon thermostat and First Co air handler,

Customer Question

I Have installed a insteon thermostat and First Co air handler, when the fan (G) comes on weather in heat mode or air conditioning, something is causing to make my circulator pumps run causing heat to come out of the registers even when the AC is on. I called First Co and they told me to add a 3 volt 1000ohm resistor between common and W (heat). Has anyone ever had an issue with this?
As of now I have turn the ball valves for the zone in the off position but was looking for a permanent fix.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello,
at the control (not thermostat) is G toggled to the valves ,as well as, the blower?
use reply