Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have Trane A/C Unit 4 ton. My Blower in the house has failed(

Customer Question

I have Trane A/C Unit 4 ton. My Blower in the house has failed( 27 years old) and I'm replacing it. Only problem is I have three wires that I'm concerned about where they go. I have a photo of what I have old and new that I can email you. Everything is ready to go back in. I've taken the old one out and have installed the new one successfully.My Capacitor is wired and the ground is wired. I just can't figure out the proper wiring that is left. I don't want to burn up the new motor.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
can you show pics and state all wire colors from blower motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
I have not gotten a response yet...what color wires do you have from the motor and what color is already attached and where?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New wires are White, Black and Purple Old motor wire are White, Off white Light grey look, and Red
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call. I'm sweating like a fat boy here..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's up...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll paying for call, respectfully ***** ***** it would be in a few minute. I'm only requesting verification of wiring. Thanks....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's going on Billy? Sitting here sweating like a fat boy.. Somebody, even if it's the janitor call me...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I don't hear something soon I will cancel your service and go else were. This not like you your company...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel service.