Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Good morning, I am trying to rewire my baldor 3hp motor 2 start

Customer Question

good morning, I am trying to rewire my baldor 3hp motor 2 start and 1 run capacitors. the original ones were left in the elements and all corroded, but I didn't take a picture of the wiring. I have the replacement caps all ready to go and have tried to wire up but sounds like the start caps are not turning off?, the motor is on a 36" lapidary saw
Cat num. L3609TM
spec 36E04-2764
fram 184T ser.F388
rpm1725 3hp
any help would be great
thank you
cheers
Seth
Category: HVAC
Expert:  mranswer replied 2 years ago.
Here is the wiring diagram: http://attachments.temcoindustrialpower.com/Data_sheet/Baldor-L3609TM.pdf The diagram shows only 2 capacitors, so 2 of the same must be wired in parallel to get the correct capacitance just as the side bar note states. The one marked oil is the run capacitor. A rating is appreciated for getting you what you wanted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok in the capacitor connection box, there is a white wire labelled O (run), a white wire with no label (E or start???), and two black wires with no label. Could the black wires be the centrifugal switch?

Where would these physically connect to?

I have the same Baldor diagram and it is not exactly the same. There is one extra wire. I haven't touched any wires in the motor connection box, so those should be right.