BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have an American standard model Twe042c1400c0 serial number

Customer Question

I have an American standard model Twe042c1400c0 serial number 5264LL2v, it keeps shutting off after a few hours of use. My tech guy has changed the ,delay board, fuse and transformer in furnace , the capacitor and coil in condensor and also the thermostat . The unit still shits off after a few hours of use the fuse is never blown , can you help with what can be the issue. My hvac guy also substituted the red wire from thermostat with another wire not in use. All this has been temporary fixes. The capacitor did nothing. The fan relay board, thermostat and the fuse was changed and system worked for three days, then went out. Then the transformer was replaced along with the coil and system worked for two days and went out. Then the thermostat was replaced AGAIN and system worked for one day. The red wire was swapped out to another wire that was not in use and system worked for three hours. My hvac guy told me to remove fuse in furnace and allow system to stay off for thirty minutes then restart.....I'm looking for more of a long term solution over $600 have been spent thus far....tired and HOt !!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
when the system stops....does just the outdoor blower stop or the indoor too?
Use reply