BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Jotul C450 insert (2 door) that was installed about

Customer Question

I have a Jotul C450 insert (2 door) that was installed about 10 years ago. When it was new and for several years, it operated very good. It has been professionally cleaned on a regular basis, but now operates as though it isn't getting combustion air. I cannot close the doors or the fire goes out. Even when I have a full fire going and the doors cracked, the amount of air that the blower puts out is minimal. I can't seem to find anyone who knows how to solve these problems. The dealer that installed it no longer handles Jotul and will not service it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello,
there is a combustion air pipe from the rear of the unit to outside. Have you you checked this for a nest or blockage?
Use reply