Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a carrier 48pgem06 4 ton roof top unit the cooling wont

Customer Question

i have a carrier 48pgem06 4 ton roof top unit the cooling wont engage the fan comes on but the contactor wont pull in for the compressor i changed the batterys in stat transformer is working . could it be in the economizer?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to 2 hours help.

Up to 48 hours trouble shooting and coaching on repairs $38 additional if you approve it at that time.

If you can take a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to inside of the units service panel, I can mark it up with ongoing trouble shooting directions.
You will need a $30 type class II multi meter.
Use the 'attach files' link at the bottom left your reply box for that.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry thats not helping me
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
So far I am 100% sure that I have not helped you at all. We are at the information collections stage of the diagnosis aspect.
I need data on your system in order to assist you in trouble shooting.
I can modify the approach to suit your capabilities as you wish, the limits are your skill with the test instrument required and ability to take photo's and attach them here.
Tell me what aspect of any of that is outside of you capability range and we can go more appropriately from there.
.