Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Coleman evcon air conditioner model # *****+FD0365S21A. have power

Customer Question

coleman evcon air conditioner model # *****+FD0365S21A. have power to compressor but fan won't start unless manually turned first. maybe capacitor?? and if so where can I get this?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
Yes, this is most likely going to be a weak or blown capacitor. Do you have the information off old one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. it's dark and I wanted to do this tomorrow. the air conditioner is working right now
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, if you can get me the information off the old one and whether it's oval or round, I can help you locate a new replacement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I appreciate your help but I will have to take it apart tomorrow.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Question will remain open. Post back when you can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it safe to let the air conditioner run until I change the capacitor
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the capacitor plays a part in the starting of the fan which is why when you give it a push, it runs OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Please doublecheck that model number, too. I spoke to my dealer this morning and they did not recognize that model.