airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Honeywell TH8000 series thermostat. System is set

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell TH8000 series thermostat. System is set to cool. 72deg but only fan runs and maintains temp at 78deg
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Are you saying outdoor unit does not come on at all? If so do you have a meter for troubleshooting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outside unit does not come on. What do you mean meter for troubleshooting?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
A multi meter to check to see if we are getting 230 volts power and 24 volts from thermostat to tell the outdoor unit to come on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I have a volt meter.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
OK do you know what the contactors look like? WE want to go to the outdoor unit and remove service panel. Then check and see if we have 230 volts going to the contactor and 24 volts at the contactor coil. See link below:
http://i.imgur.com/2EbWdta.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to do that in the morning when it is light out and can see what I am doing.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
That is fine .Just come back when ready and we will go from here. I am an HVAC contractor so I may be in field when you return.I am going to open this to other experts so you don't have to wait if I am not here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks.