Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm having a problem with my Honeywell 800. I set the temp

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with my Honeywell 800. I set the temp for 73, for example, turn on the AC and 15 to 30 minutes later I'll find the set temp has gone to 85. It's happened several times in past 2-3 days. Please help. Thanks. *****
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
Bernie, I see none of our experts have picked this question up yet. Do you still need assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
I think what is happening here is there is a program set on this thermostat and when you set the temperature, it only stays until the next program period.
There are 2 options:
1) you can set a temperature and immediately hit the hold button and it will hold that temp indefinitely, or
2)you can go in and reset the programmed temperatures for the different periods.
There is no Honeywell 800 thermostat that I'm aware of, but there is an 8000. Is this what you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes - 8000.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, so here's what I want you to try. Next time you go to set temp, after pushing the up and down arrows to set temp, immediately hit the HOLD button. Let me know if this still happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. Done. In the past it's taken an hour or more for the temp to change. I guess I will keep checking it. Thanks.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, keep me posted.